I’m excited to announce that I am now using infrared technology alongside bodywork treatments and organic facials!
What is this all about??
Thermal infrared heat rays are the same type of heat the sun emits. Infrared light, which is invisible, can be felt as warmth entering your body. The rays increase the surface temperature of the body and activate positive cellular changes. The light energy changes to thermal heat energy and promotes healing and a feeling of well-being.
Research and Development
Infrared light developed from LED technology made for the NASA space shuttle. The invention was originally designed for researching plant growth in space. In research studies, doctors at Milwaukee’s Medical College in Wisconsin discovered the light has the power to heal wounds and is beneficial in cancer treatment.
Thermal heat dilates, or expands, blood vessels and increases blood circulation. This, in turn, helps facilitate the healing process. Infrared heat therapy aids in promoting greater tissue flexibility, reduces inflammation and decreases joint pain. This type of therapy is beneficial for many ailments including, arthritis, back pain, Fibromyalgia and tendinitis. Light therapy has also been shown to generate vitamin D in the body.
Forget Botox, Needles, Pain, Expense …..
The simplest and most relaxing way to rejuvenate your skin and yourself is by having a scalp and face massage!
I love giving face and scalp massages. They are so therapeutic and on so many levels! Not only does the mixture of Swedish and acupressure techniques I use help send clients into dreamland, leaving them totally renewed and completely blissed out at the end of the treatment, this massage also creates many lasting and continued health benefits long after the treatment has ended.
It reduces stress, increase blood circulation and nourishment to all the cells, helps to cure sinusitis, headaches and any stress related imbalances. The lymph nodes present in the chin and jawline areas are stimulated to release lymph fluid that can detoxify the facial area and as these are also reflex points that connect to the whole body, the detox effect stretches far beyond the face.
Having a face and scalp massage alleviates the mood by releasing a whole load of feel good healing chemicals. It boosts chi through the Chinese meridian lines and helps to balance the health of the whole body. It also can also help strained facial muscles to loosen up and relax, thereby reducing wrinkles too 🙂
How is it done?
A face and scalp massage at Earth Beauty involves being in a deeply relaxing and dim candlelit room, lying on a couch with gentle drift-away music in the background. During the massage, I take time to relieve tension in the forehead, eyes, nose, ears, mouth, chin, jawlines, neck, behind the ears, top of the shoulders and all over the head from the back of the neck upwards. Heaven and bliss for the body, mind and spirit! Its time to treat yourself.
Click here to see my summer special offer to receive one of these massages for FREE when you book a 30min back massage worth £33.00 – offer ends 31st July 2013. Email or call me today on 744022 for your therapeutic time out.
Special Offer 40% off
Available until 1st May
Massage and Reflexology
1 hour Detox & De-stress only £34
Stress is a killer. Experts say 90% of disease is stress related!
There is so much stress in the world and we sometimes need extra help to balance ourselves and keep well.
Treat your body, mind and soul to an hour of relaxing, harmonising and de-stressing, with a back neck, scalp and shoulder massage and reflexology.
30mins Reflexology usually £28
30mins Massage usually £30
Usual Price: £58
Offer Price: £34
Offer Until: 1st May 2013
To take up this offer please telephone or email
Also available as a GIFT VOUCHER. Just contact me to confirm and I will send you BACS details or PAYPAL details for an instant payment transfer or you can send me a cheque in the post.
The Benefits Of Massage
What exactly are the benefits of receiving massage or bodywork treatments? Useful for all of the conditions listed below and more, massage can:
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
- Ease medication dependence.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body’s natural defense system.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ—the skin.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce postsurgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
- Relieve migraine pain.
A Powerful Ally
There’s no denying the power of bodywork. Regardless of the adjectives we assign to it (pampering, rejuvenating, therapeutic) or the reasons we seek it out (a luxurious treat, stress relief, pain management), massage therapy can be a powerful ally in your healthcare regimen.
Experts estimate that upwards of ninety percent of disease is stress related. And perhaps nothing ages us faster, internally and externally, than high stress. While eliminating anxiety and pressure altogether in this fast-paced world may be idealistic, massage can, without a doubt, help manage stress. This translates into:
- Decreased anxiety.
- Enhanced sleep quality.
- Greater energy.
- Improved concentration.
- Increased circulation.
- Reduced fatigue.
Furthermore, clients often report a sense of perspective and clarity after receiving a massage. The emotional balance bodywork provides can often be just as vital and valuable as the more tangible physical benefits.
In response to massage, specific physiological and chemical changes cascade throughout the body, with profound effects. Research shows that with massage:
- Arthritis sufferers note fewer aches and less stiffness and pain.
- Asthmatic children show better pulmonary function and increased peak air flow.
- Burn injury patients report reduced pain, itching, and anxiety.
- High blood pressure patients demonstrate lower diastolic blood pressure, anxiety, and stress hormones.
- Premenstrual syndrome sufferers have decreased water retention and cramping.
- Preterm infants have improved weight gain.
Research continues to show the enormous benefits of touch—which range from treating chronic diseases, neurological disorders, and injuries, to alleviating the tensions of modern lifestyles. Consequently, the medical community is actively embracing bodywork, and massage is becoming an integral part of hospice care and neonatal intensive care units. Many hospitals are also incorporating on-site massage practitioners and even spas to treat postsurgery or pain patients as part of the recovery process.
Increase the Benefits with Frequent Visits
Getting a massage can do you a world of good. And getting massage frequently can do even more. This is the beauty of bodywork. Taking part in this form of regularly scheduled self-care can play a huge part in how healthy you’ll be and how youthful you’ll remain with each passing year. Budgeting time and money for bodywork at consistent intervals is truly an investment in your health. And remember: just because massage feels like a pampering treat doesn’t mean it is any less therapeutic. Consider massage appointments a necessary piece of your health and wellness plan, and work with your practitioner to establish a treatment schedule that best meets your needs.
The Benefits of Reflexology
Research has shown the specific techniques of reflexology to be effective and beneficial in many ways. A survey of 170 reflexology studies from 21 countries shows that reflexology is effective, impacting a variety of physical and psychological concerns. Reflexology:
- Creates relaxation: From the moment the reflexologists hands start their work, the relaxation begins as shown in research using EEG brain activity. All together, 24 studies demonstrate reflexologyÕs relaxation effects.
- Reduces pain: Pain reduction following reflexology work is documented in 27 studies including research showing impact on individuals of all ages and health states
- Ameliorates health concerns: Research shows that reflexology work helps indiviuals of all ages with some 78 health concerns ranging from aggressive behavior in children to urinary concerns of the elderly.
- Improves blood flow: Separate studies show that reflexology work increases blood flow to the feet, brain, kidneys and intestines.
- Aids post-operative recovery: Reflexology work aids recovery after surgery as shown by several studies, reducing pain and lessening the use of post operative analgesics.
- Impact on physiological measures (e. g. blood pressure and cholesterol; measurements by ECG, EEG, and fMRI)
- Enhances medical care: Reflexology helps where nothing else can for many: phantom limb pain sufferers, neuropathy patients, and hemodialysis patients to name a few.
- Benefits mental health: Research demonstrates that reflexology can reduce depression (11 studies) and anxiety (9 studies).
- Complements cancer care: Pain, nausea, vomiting, and/or anxiety eased for chemotherapy patients following reflexology work as shown by16 studies fom 7 countries.
- Eases pregnancy, delivery and post-partum effects: Women who received reflexology experienced shorter labor times and used less analgesia. In addition, reflexology showed a positive impact on postpartum depression, anxiety, urination and bowel movements.
In general terms, the benefits of reflexology have to do with the reduction of stress. Because the feet and hands help set the tension level for the rest of the body, they are an easy way to interrupt the stress signal and reset homeostasis, the body’s equilibrium.
Reflexology is a complement to standard medical care. It should not be construed as medical advice. It should not be a replacement to medical help.
HAVE YOU NEGLECTED YOURSELF LATELY?
FANTASTIC OFFER! For the next 3 weeks! Find some time before the Christmas rush and book yourself in for an hours therapeutic massage for only £36! Whether you need deep tissue, calming or invigorating, this will be tailor made just for you. Book with Maria on 07797 832400 and nourish your lovely self on a deep level.
Offer Valid until 15th December.
Spend a Nurturing Hour at Earth Beauty with this Special Offer And Return to a Calmer You
Location: Jersey, St. Helier
Complete De-Stress Package
30mins Back, Neck and Shoulder massage
30mins Foot Reflexology
Just £35 – Available until October 15th
Don’t Miss Out
Call Maria 722768 or 07797 832400 or email email@example.com